As mentioned, we will not print the Summer School program (the document that includes abstracts) – this will only be available in digital format (click here for PDF).
However, we will print the following one-page schedule: Summer school schedule (short)
In addition, you will find name badges, notepads, pens, and tourism information on the information desk at the entrance of the Alte Aula.
If you’re on Twitter, please use the hashtag #TuebingenSLA when tweeting about the summer school. Looking forward to it!
We have prepared a PDF of the summer school program. This contains all the information in one place, including schedule, abstracts, practical information. You can download the document by clicking this link:
Summer school program
Please note that participants will not receive a printed version of this document. However, you will find a one-page print out of the schedule, name badges, notepads, pens, and maps of Tuebingen on the registration desk on Monday, July 23.
We look forward to a very exciting poster session on Wednesday, July 25, 12:30 to 14:30. The session takes place during the lunch break in the Alte Aula.
- Poster size: A0
- Poster orientation: Portrait
If you are presenting, please this page to find out your poster number. This number will allow you to identify the poster board on which to hang up your poster.
The poster boards will be available from Wednesday morning onwards so you can hang up the poster before the session starts at noon.
We are thrilled to announce that Tuebingen will become part of the international Bilingualism Matters network, which was founded by one of our keynotes, Antonella Sorace. The launch takes place on Friday, July 27, immediately after Antonella’s keynote. Please see below for the offcial press release. For more information, please email Tanja Rinker and Doreen Bryant:
New Multilingualism Center in Tübingen (MiT).
On Friday, July 27, 2018, the Multilingualism Center in Tübingen (MiT) will be launched at 5 pm in the historic Old Auditorium (Alte Aula) of the University of Tübingen. The importance of the new center for the city of Tübingen and the university is underlined by numerous speakers and invited guests. There will be short speechs by Prof. Dr. Karin Amos, Vice Rector of the University of Tübingen, Prof. Dr. Thorsten Bohl, Director of the Tübingen School of Education (TÜSE), Luzia Köberlein, Head of the Office for Gender Equality and Integration of the city of Tübingen as well as Prof. Dr. Detmar Meurers, Department of Linguistics
The new Multilingualism Center will be part of the international network of Bilingualism Matters, which was founded by Prof. Dr. Antonella Sorace, University of Edinburgh. The aim of the network is to build a bridge between research and society to promote multilingualism. PD Dr. Tanja Rinker and Prof. Dr. Doreen Bryant, both Department of German at the University of Tübingen, will serve as directors of the new center.
Information: The event will be held from 5 – 6.30 pm at the Old Auditorium (Münzgasse 30, 72070 Tübingen). Reception to follow.
Lunch is not included in the registration, with the exception of Wednesday, when we will provide a light buffet lunch to accompany the poster session.
However, there are many great lunch options to explore in town center! Please see below our suggestions. (You can find out the addresses by visting the websites.)
||Excellent regional Swabian specialties in a cozy atmosphere. Centrally located in the Old Town. Highly recommended.
||Excellent regional Swabian cuisine. Centrally located in the Old Town.
|China Restaurant San Bao
||Chinese cuisine next to Neckarbrücke.
|Mensa & Cafeteria Prinz Karl
||Self-service food. University refectory. Good prices. Centrally located in the Old Town.
||Mexican cuisine. Next to Neckarbrücke.
||Mediterranean cuisine. Centrally located in the Old Town.
||Mediterranean cuisine. Centrally located in the Old Town.
||Snack food. Arabian cuisine. Vegetarian options. Centrally located in the Old Town. Highly recommended.
||Famous for their Kebabs. Late opening times. Bread is freshly baked. Highly recommended. Next to Neckarbrücke.
||Great coffee. Centrally located in the Old Town.
||Great Italian coffee. Typical Italian desserts and pastries. Centrally located in the Old Town. Highly recommended.
|Cafe – Porto Pino
||Great Italian ice cream. Close to Neckarbrücke.
|Eiscafe La Dolce Vita
||Coffee shop. Great Italian ice cream. Close to Neckarbrücke.
|Eiscafé San Marco
||Italian restaurant. Great Italian ice cream. Centrally located.
- We will place name badges, print outs of the one-page schedule, notepads and pens on the registration desk. We will not print the program or the abstracts.
- The desk is located in the Alte Aula and will be staffed on Monday morning, July 23, only.
Coffee breaks, lunch, and social program
- Coffee breaks are included.
- Lunch breaks are not included, with the exception of Wednesday. We will provide light lunch during the poster session. For lunch and dinner recommendations, please see below.
- The social program (Bebenhausen excursion, conference dinner, and Stocherkahn tour) requires prior registration.
- The conference dinner is not included and requires payment at the venue (Neckarmüller).
- Please visit this page for basic travel directions. For more detailed information, including suggestions for sightseeing, please visit the website of the Tübingen Tourism Office.
- Wednesday afternoon, July 25: Trip to Bebenhausen monastery
- The trip is free but requires registration.
- The trip will take place immediately after the poster session.
- There will have a guided tour of about 50 minutes through the castle.
- There will be the chance for an individual visit of the famous monastery.
- We will go on an easy walk of about 30 minutes near the monastery.
- Wednesday evening, July 25: Conference dinner
- The conference dinner will be at the Swabian restaurant “Neckarmüller” at 7 pm. The restaurant is located at Gartenstraße 4 72074 Tübingen.
- You will be able to choose from a variety of typical Swabian dishes, including vegetarian options. They also offer a number of very good beers.
- The conference dinner needs to be paid individually at the restaurant.
- To register, please follow this link.
- Thursday evening, July 26: Stocherkahntour on the Neckar river
- There will be a punting trip on the river Neckar (about 1 hour)
- The trip is free but prior registration is required.
The Summer School is only two weeks away, and we look forward to welcoming you to Tuebingen soon!
In the meantime, here goes the current version of our keynote and lecture abstracts. You can find the poster abstracts here. The program looks amazing!
We have just sent an email to all participants with important information on the social program.
As you will see below, we are planning three nice social events – a trip to Bebenhausen monastery (with guided tour), a Stocherkahn tour on the Neckar river, and the conference dinner at Neckarmueller Brewery. (The first two events are free! The conference dinner needs to be paid at the venue.)
Important: If you are a summer school participant, please complete this Doodle poll by Sunday, July 8. Please complete the Doodle poll irrespective of whether you are participating at the social events.
More info on the social events:
On Wednesday afternoon, July 25th, after the poster session, we would like to invite you to a trip to Bebenhausen near Tübingen. We will have a guided tour of about 50 minutes through the castle and afterwards there will be the chance for an individual visit of the famous monastery. Before heading back to Tübingen for the conference dinner, we will go on an easy walk of about 30 minutes near the monastery. The trip is free. http://www.kloster-bebenhausen.de/
On Wednesday evening, at 7 p.m., we will have the conference dinner at the Swabian restaurant “Neckarmüller”, which has a nice view to the river Neckar. You will be able to choose from a variety of typical Swabian dishes (of course, there are also vegetarian options), and they also offer a number of very good beers. It will be paid individually at the place. http://www.neckarmueller.de/
On Thursday evening, July 26th at 7 p.m., we would like to invite you to a punting trip on the river Neckar (about 1 hour). Punting is a traditional activity in Tübingen, originally especially by students, and a must-do when you visit Tübingen in summer. The trip is free.
We are looking forward to having you here in Tübingen!